Friday, November 18, 2011

Book Characters Come Alive!

This morning, Will's teacher invited all the parents into the classroom to see the kids' "Book Characters Come Alive!" projects.
The kids were all dressed in costume and they were so excited to show us their work.
The parents had assignments too! We had to talk to six different kids and ask them about their story, the main idea, their favorite part, and the like and write it down on a sheet for Will's teacher! Will really got a kick out of talking to the other moms and dads about The Circus Ship. A little later in the morning, I was the guest reader of the week for Will's class. Will asked me to read The Circus Ship and Lorna Balian's The Sweet Touch. The kids loved the books and I loved reading to them. Right after reading to the class, I got to accompany Will to lunch. It was extra special because the cafeteria was serving a Thanksgiving feast!
Kindergartners are so sweet and special. Will was so excited that I was coming to school with him and told me it would be his best school day ever. I couldn't ask for anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment