Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The First Day of School: Second Grade and Kindergarten

Yesterday was the first day of school! My baby is all grown up and in Kindergarten and my firstborn is a second grader. Stop time, now!

I must have been feeling nervous about the first day and getting both boys to opposite ends of a very big school on my own (Gene was traveling), so I didn't sleep well. The good news is that my early wake-up meant I had plenty of time to make a special pancake breakfast for my boys and have it all ready when their alarms went off at 6:30. It's crazy that we're up and getting ready in the dark again.  


The boys were so excited that the morning routine was extremely efficient yesterday and we were ready and out the door a good 10 minutes before we needed to leave. Fortunately, that gave us an opportunity to go over where to meet Will after school and of course we had plenty of time to take some photos of my big boys.   


Will is all ready for second grade!


Henry is a kindergartner! 


Both boys are so big that they gave me hugs and kisses and walked right into their classrooms. Henry wasn't the least bit sad, and of course, Will knows the drill.  

We have two fabulous teachers this year. I have heard great things about Will's teacher, Ms. Marshall. She is supposedly very loving but also an excellent teacher -- what a perfect fit for Will! And Henry has Ms. Lox, who was named Outstanding Young Educator last year for ALL of HISD. We are thrilled with our teachers this year and know it's going to be a good one.


Now if only I could find a way to make time slow down a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment