Monday, May 23, 2011

Seven Years

Gene and I celebrated seven years of marriage yesterday! My parents were kind enough to come down and babysit the boys so we could go out for drinks at the Queen Vic (Gene's fave) and dinner at Sorrento (my fave). It was a perfect evening. Gene said it was our best anniversary to date and I think he might be right! We enjoyed a lovely evening together with some great conversation and delicious food. My favorite dish at Sorrento is the mushroom risotto. It is finished in this huge wheel of Parmesan, and it is absolutely amazing. Yum!!
Gene made his annual "State of the Marriage" address, and we are both happy to report that the state of our marriage is strong!

And here's a look back on how it all started, with the proposal, almost eight years ago. Gene had tricked me into thinking we were having a recruiting dinner at Mark's, but he ended up proposing on July 25, 2003. The couples at the next table were celebrating a birthday or anniversary and had a camera. Once they realized a proposal was happening nearby, they started snapping photos, so we have pictures of Gene's actual proposal!


And here's one photo from the wedding. Our wedding pics are on old-fashioned film, but this is one my mother-in-law took. Our reception was at La Colombe d'Or. I don't have photos from every anniversary, but we always do dinner out. Year one: Bank. Year two: Sorrento. Years three and four: Chez Nous. Year five: Pesce. Year six: RDG + Bar Annie. Year seven: Sorrento again.

This photo is from our fourth anniversary. Henry was two months old and not happy!And our fifth!Once again, Henry didn't want me to leave! Seven years, three houses, and two little boys later, I am so happy and thankful to have married my best friend and soulmate. We are the perfect team and I am looking forward to many many more years of marriage with my sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment