Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

I did not do a good job capturing (in photos) the busy-ness of Mother's Day this year. It was one of those crazy-busy days, but but it was perfect because we were able to celebrate with both our moms!

The day started with gifts from the boys. Henry made me a huge card at school.And Will painted a flower pot and planted this plant for me!

Then the day began in earnest! We enjoyed our usual 8am breakfast at Skeeters before Mass. After church, we came home, changed clothes, drove up to Kingwood with only one stop on the way for tulips for my mom, and then enjoyed lunch with my Mom and Dad. Henry did not want me to take any photos.
But I managed to capture this one of him smiling at the camera.

Lunch!
And Gene even took one photo of me with my littlest boy.

After relaxing for a bit in Kingwood, we ran one quick errand before coming home again to tidy up a bit before Gene's parents and aunt and uncle came for dinner (take-out from Pink's Pizza because we were too tired to cook!). I must really have been exhausted because I didn't even think to get the camera out! We had a good visit with everyone and got the boys off to bed and then my parents came down to spend the night and babysit so I could make it to an 8am appointment on Monday. I do think this was our busiest Mother's Day ever, but it was great! And most importantly, we got to spend the day with Gramma and Nana, who are the two best moms I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment