Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Old MacDonald's Farm

My friend Belinda and I met up with all our kiddos at Old MacDonald's Farm on Monday morning. When I told the boys where we were going, they were so excited and had to get out their Little People Farm. And of course we listened to farm songs (from Henry's second birthday party) on the way there!

We had been trying to have this playdate for at least a month and we kept having to postpone it. I have to admit that I wasn't too sure about it since I am a hot-weather wimp, but it turned out perfectly! It was definitely hot and muggy, but there was a brisk breeze and there were no school field trips, so we had the park practically to ourselves!

We fed the ducks and pigs,

played with trucks


in this huge sand pile, rode a "wagon,"

found an old tree stump to climb in,

rode the ponies

all by ourselves

around the pen,

ate a snack,

climbed like monkeys,

rode the train

(with baby Nicholas too!),

and just really enjoyed spending time with some of our best buddies.

Yes, it was hot and humid and dirty and dusty, but in the end, it was so worth it to see the smiles on the kids' faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment