Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Zoo

What a gorgeous week! The boys and I took full advantage of our beautiful spring-like weather by going to the zoo on Wednesday. We hadn't been to the zoo in almost two months, and that's a shame since it is a mere 8 minutes from our house! When we walked through the gates, Will headed straight toward the giraffe and said, "Mommy, don't you think you should take a picture of me?" I guess they are pretty used to me getting out the camera to record their every move!
Henry was counting here, but it looks like he's telling me to stop taking photos!
My big boy on the rhino.
We visited the kookaburras, as we always do, and sang them our kookaburra song. We were rewarded with both of the kookaburras chortling away for us. We love those kookaburras! Next we had a snack. You can see that the zoo was pretty empty. Love that!

We headed over to the new African Forest. The boys ran all around the huts in the African village.
Will even traipsed through the "fire."
And they both banged on the drums.
Henry was fascinated by the chimps.
And the carousel is always a favorite. We rode it twice and Henry was ready to go again!
We spent so much time in the Children's Zoo. Henry loved brushing the goats. I thought it was funny that these two goats were just perched up there on the bench.
The boys hadn't been in the groundhog tunnels before, but I have to say, it was one of their favorite spots!

I am already looking forward to our next zoo visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment