Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Take-Home Teddy

Henry's class at school is the Teddy Bear class. Each week, one of the students takes home the class's "Take-Home Teddy." Last week was Henry's turn. This is the letter that Teddy wrote to Henry's class to go in the classroom book about his adventures:

December 11, 2011

Dear Teddy Bear Class,

I just spent a week with Henry. Boy, was I one worried bear before this trip. I mean, have you seen how much Henry loves Baby? And what kind of stuffed animal is Baby? A bear, of course. I really didn’t think Henry needed or wanted TWO bears in his house, so I was really worried. Fortunately, the teachers are two smart cookies and they sent me home with the mom while Henry and Baby were at school. I got to see the house and adjust to my new situation. It’s hard to be a bear on the move, without a permanent home.

The mom showed me this comfy chair where I could just sit and relax. Next I found the Christmas tree. Oh, I can’t wait for Christmas! I wonder where I’ll be on that special morning? Then, after a quiet morning at home, Henry and his brother and Baby all returned from school. It was kind of crazy in the afternoon. The kids were demanding snacks and everyone was so tired. The mom got everyone fed and then introduced me to Baby. We hit it off right away. Thank goodness. Then Baby took me over to Henry and we all sat on the sofa to watch Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. It was a good movie but it would have been better if there were some bears in it.
After a good night’s sleep, Henry’s big brother was off to school and I got to go to The Little Gym for gymnastics with Henry. Well, it wasn’t bring-your-bear week, so I just sat out with the mom and watched Henry do his thing. But I met the gymnastics teacher, Coach Kevin. And guess what??? I saw another friend from school at gymnastics! That was so fun!In the afternoon, Henry and I played pirates. I even got to wear this super cool eye patch and go on a treasure hunt!
And guess what?? We found TREASURE!!! Lots and lots of treasure. I was one happy bear!
That night I got to sleep near Henry. I was pretty excited to be snug under the covers since it was a cold cold night. Did I mention that it has been cold here during my stay with Henry? We had two nights when it was freezing! Fortunately, the mom has been feeding us all hot cocoa (mmmm!) and lighting a fire in the fireplace almost every single night.
Brrr! It is sure chilly and all I’m wearing is this little t-shirt. I think I need to borrow some warmer clothes from Henry’s closet! OOOPS! On Friday, I got caught with my paw in the gingerbread house that Henry bought from his school. It is just so yummy and covered in candies. My favorites are the M&Ms. What bear could resist that?
On my last day with Henry, we all went to Skeeter’s for breakfast. Henry told me that they always go there before church, but normally bears aren’t allowed in the restaurant and they made an exception for me! Wow! It was a really good breakfast (the cinnamon rolls are the BEST!), so I can see why they go there every Sunday. Don’t worry about the picture below; Henry just didn’t want my picture taken. I had a great time, though!
I had a really fun week with Henry and Baby and the whole family!

Love,
Take-Home Teddy

No comments:

Post a Comment