Thursday, October 6, 2011

The View from Here

Some views are better than others. Gene has been traveling lately and keeps sending me pictures of the sights he's seen. Ah, the view from there.

Good view: UN facility in Vienna Better view: a Vienna street sceneEven better view: St. Stephen's in Vienna Maybe the best view: The Eiffel Tower in ParisAnd at home in Houston...

Good view: the boys and I picked up our first CSA box of the fall season. You know I was excited to get my local veggies again!
Good view: this is what my backyard looked like a year ago (before we moved in).Bad view: my silly neighbors chopped down all three of the (healthy) trees in their backyard on Monday. Goodbye shade and privacy!
Good view: we are playing outside (even without our shade trees) because the weather in Houston has been beautiful this week!Bad view (and not just because my windows are dirty): a car parked outside means a broken garage door. My favorite view: a happy boy.Garage doors can be fixed. Trees can be planted. Sweet, smiling, happy boys make it all better.

No comments:

Post a Comment