Friday, October 21, 2011

Open House

Henry's school had its Open House on Tuesday evening. The whole family was invited but we decided Will should stay home and keep his croupy germs away from the preschoolers (thank you, Gramma and Grampa, for staying with our sick little guy!). We met up with Gene just as we were walking up to the school.Gene hadn't seen Henry school yet, so Henry was pretty excited to show him around the classroom. This is Henry's "All About Me" sheet. It says: My name is Henry. I am 3 years old. My favorite things to do are play with Will and Baby and a pirate ship. I live with Mommy, Daddy and Will (he lives in another house that connects.) I have brown hair and green eyes. My nose is here and it feels squishy. My skin feels hurty and squishy. My ears are squishy and they hear things. My favorite clothes are baseball, and my favorite color clothes are blue. My shoes are running shoes and blue. My socks are white and they smell I don't even know. On the other hand, I smell clean. If you listen, my voice sounds loud. My favorite thing about myself is my shoes.

Funny boy! And if you're wondering if Will really lives in "another house that connects," we figured out that Henry meant Will's bedroom connects to his through a Jack and Jill bath.

After reading all about Henry (none of which is really surprising), we checked out the kids' crazy mixed-up dinosaurs.
Henry was hungry when he made his (no surprise there either), so he called his the Hungry-asaurus. Henry's teachers told us that he likes to play with blocks and trains, spell words (apparently he spelled "fast" the other day), and check out any of the table-top activities they set out. On the playground, his favorite thing is to race with Kalino.

Open House was busy so Henry settled in with a dinosaur book in the classroom library. After the classroom visit, we headed upstairs to check out the book fair, which had a space theme this year! My cute astronaut. All the kids came in their jammies and listened to author Joe Sutton read his book, Wanda and the Oblahlahs. Then it was time for milk and cookies, a quick book fair purchase (Henry picked out Duck and Cover by Jackie Urbanovic and The Diary of a Fly by Doreen Cronin), and home for bed. Henry's new school is awesome and we are so happy to have found a great place for him to learn and grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment