Sunday, March 20, 2011

Getting Ready for the Rocket Party

We celebrated Henry's third birthday yesterday with a ROCKET party! I love birthday parties and always start planning them months in advance. I knew I wanted to do a rocket party for Henry, so I started looking around on etsy and when I found these rocket cupcake toppers, I knew they would be perfect. They inspired the colors and look for the whole party.
My talented friend Ally designed the birthday invitations and thank you notes to match the cupcake toppers. She always does a fantastic job!

We kept the decor really simple. My parents and I cut out all these stars and rockets and hung them from the chandeliers in the dining room and the breakfast nook. I think they ended up being really cute!
My parents also helped me make the party favor bags.
We filled them with a rocket CD, rocket stickers, Milky Way minis and a rocket plate.
I picked the songs for the CD but Gene designed the cover and made all the CDs. He does such a good job with it every year!
And you can't have a rocket party without a rocket t-shirt for the birthday boy. I found this rocket t-shirt on etsy. It's subtle, but perfect for my rocket-loving boy!
This year, we decided to make our own cupcakes. Henry insisted on helping.He is such a good little helper in the kitchen!
My dad frosted the cupcakes for me and we topped them with those cute cupcake toppers.
I didn't get a good picture of the food table, but we used Henry's rocket ship as a centerpiece and had Chick-Fil-A nuggets, fruit, bagged crackers, and star-shaped pb&j sandwiches.
For entertainment, we set up a table on the driveway for the kids to decorate paper robots and also rented this HUGE robot moonwalk.
The boys loved playing in their bounce house! It was delivered more than 24 hours before the party, so it was well-used and well-loved by my little guys!
This is the view of the moonwalk from my bedroom window (on the second floor!). It was really tall!
Henry's rocket party was our first official party at the new house and it was a great motivator to get the house together. We owe a huge thank you to my parents, who spent two full days touching up paint throughout the house (no easy task since the previous owners didn't label their paint cans!), hanging pictures, unpacking and displaying some of our decorative items, and helping clean and tidy up. Thank you so much, Mom and Dad. We could not have done this without all your help!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Where did you get your rocket plates? I've been looking everywhere for cute rocket plates and haven't had any luck. Those are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got them at Target at the Dollar Spot several months before the party.

    ReplyDelete