Friday, August 27, 2010

Not on Mine Eyes

Ever since we took swim lessons in June, Henry has not been a huge fan of water. He used to adore bath time, but now he hates to get his head wet. That makes it a bit challenging to wash his hair! Every night before bath, Henry gives explicit directions about what body parts I can get wet by saying, "Not on mine eyes. Not on mine ears. Just on mine head." He even gestures to his body parts just in case I don't understand the words. Lately, we have been doing sponge baths because we can't get his cast wet, so Henry has added "Not on mine cast" to his list of areas for me to avoid.

We don't wash Henry's hair every night anymore, which I'm sure he's really happy about. However, when we do wash his hair, it's a two-person job and it looks something like this.
Henry does not like having his hair washed in the sink, even though I tell him it's just like at a salon.
Will tried to make Henry happy by bringing in a brachiosaurus. It didn't help.

But Will enjoyed having the brachiosaurus help wash Henry's hair.

There's my happy, clean boy!
We have six more days in the cast, which means only two more hair-washings in the sink. I'm not sure who is more excited about getting the cast off -- Henry or Mommy???

No comments:

Post a Comment