Thursday, August 26, 2010

Don't Leave Without Me!

One of Henry's favorite phrases is "Don't leave without me!" I rarely go anywhere without my boys in tow, but Henry truly has a fear that I might go somewhere without him, even if it's just down to the curb to fetch the trash can! I think he's afraid he'll miss out on the fun. And yes, bringing in the trash can counts as fun for a 2-year-old!
Normally I hear this phrase a bit more than Gene does, since the boys are used to him leaving for work five days a week. But on Monday morning, Henry watched Gene put on his shirt and started crying and saying, "Don't go to work, Daddy." Henry was really, really upset that his daddy had to leave and it just broke Gene's heart (mine too!). I think perhaps Gene and his boys had just a bit of fun last weekend in preparation for Gene's long days away from us in the near future.
A hug and a kiss made it all better.

See, Gene? The boys really do miss you when you're away.

No comments:

Post a Comment