Friday, March 26, 2010

More Birthday Celebrations

March is a crazy month for birthdays in our family. My mom, dad and sister all have March birthdays, and of course Henry is my own little March baby. One of my best friends shares her birthday with my mom and my sister-in-law was also born in March. And of course there's playgroup with about six March birthdays. The whole month is like one big birthday party!
Henry is truly confused. When I ask whose birthday it is, he randomly guesses Gramma, Hanka or himself. (Hanka is what my boys call my dad about half the time. They both do it and we have no idea where that name came from!) On Henry's real birthday, we put two candles on his pancakes. Remember that he doesn't quite understand blowing out the candles? Here he is trying to blow them out with his fingers still in his mouth!
Gene had to help him out a little bit. Well, actually Gene helped so much that he actually blew out the candles for him! Once again, Henry really didn't care because he just wanted to eat breakfast!

Yesterday was my dad's birthday, so my parents came over for dinner and cupcakes.

I'm sure you'll notice that we ate leftover cupcakes from Henry's party, and my dad also got Henry's farm candle. Don't you love his shirt? Perfect for a grandpa's birthday, it says "Whatever is new, is bad." It's a Wallace Nutting quote, and if you don't know who Wallace Nutting is, you just need to read my brother-in-law's book, Wallace Nutting and the Invention of Old America.
Will loved singing happy birthday to my dad. Happy birthday, Hanka!
Henry was just pretty excited to get cupcakes again.
After dinner, Will and my dad headed upstairs to play trains and build cities. I think there was also some marching going on up there.
Henry stayed downstairs and worked on a new birthday puzzle with my mom.

I think we're done with birthdays and parties for at least a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment