Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chicky Boom Boom

Henry has really been into letters and puzzles lately. One of his favorite stories is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault. I'm sure you know the story, but if you don't, all the letters race to the top of the coconut tree. At the end, they are too heavy and fall down. Henry loves to exclaim, "OH NO! Chicky boom boom!" in a very high voice. It's adorable.

We have an easel and some magnetic letters up in the playroom, and the boys love to play "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" on the white board. They put all the letters up and then let them come crashing down, exclaiming "OH NO! Chicky Boom Boom!" Well, the other day, the boys were playing contentedly upstairs while I ran downstairs for a few minutes. When I came back up, this is what I saw.
Will was listening to marches, but I asked him if he had been helping Henry with his letter puzzles. Will was so into his marches that he didn't ever answer me.
Then I saw this:



I guess Will wasn't helping him after all! Chicky BOOM BOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment