Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chutes and a Ladder

I love my house. It's comfortable, it's ours, it's home. But some of the reasons I love my house are the little things.
Like my laundry chutes. I have two. This is our upstairs laundry chute.
I love it. No dirty laundry hanging around in bedrooms. Just throw it down the chute, right to the laundry room. Genius. Henry loves the laundry chute too. He calls it "hoot." Sometimes he gets over-exuberant and tries to throw down things that don't belong down there, like scraps of paper or clean clothes. But mostly, he gets it just right.
See? Perfection is dirty laundry down the chute and one half-naked boy ready for his bath.

My other laundry chute is in my bathroom, and it goes right to the laundry room too. Genius, a house with two laundry chutes.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of chutes, I couldn't leave out a ladder, could I?

Henry's my little sidekick these days. I love this age. He always so willing to help out. Here he's helping me get the broiler pan so we can make linguica for dinner. Yum.

Chutes, and a ladder. And a mom who loves the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment