Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Getting Ready for the Knights and Dragons Party

This year, Henry requested a knights and dragons party.  What a fun theme for a group of 5-year-olds!

As always, my talented friend Ally designed the party invitations and other printed items for me.  She always does a fantastic job!

The invitation


The birthday banner


I had so much fun planning the food this year.  


We had dragon treats, 



the sword in the stone,



dragon scales,


mini dragon eggs,


catapult balls,


and a dragon cake (from Whole Foods!).


The centerpiece was our Trio castle set, complete with dragon fighting the knight on the top right.  


We ordered a dragon pinata from a little pinata shop in the Heights. It was huge!!


 Henry was so excited!


Our party favors this year were books. We passed out copies of Dragon Egg, a level 1 reader that Henry enjoys.


And of course our party wouldn't be complete without some awesome costumes and entertainment.  

Here are Sir Gawain the Goofy and King Henry!


 Fierce knight!


Party pics up next.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE everything you did. If you don't mind, I'm going to borrow your food ideas for my son's upcoming Knight themed birthday party.

    Also, I wanted to get the name of the shop you purchased the Dragon pinata. Ive been looking everywhere and can only find cheesy looking ones that are small from Party City. Maybe your local store will sell me one and ship to me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I would love to know about the piñata vendor. I have been looking everywhere for a dragon piñata.

    THX!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pinata vendor is local to Houston: The Little Pinata Shop, (832) 721-7921. Not sure if they ship!

    ReplyDelete