Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sick Day

I think that today was our last official sick day.  Henry has been fever-free and acting completely normal for the past two days, so I am hopeful that we can finally declare ourselves healthy and get out of the house!!

We started off our day with gingerbread pancakes.  My biggest boy helped me make them.


And little boy enjoyed eating them.


Nana offered to help me out this weekend (thank you!!), so she picked up Will bright and early and took him to nature class at the Houston Arboretum.  We're desperately trying to keep Will from catching the flu!  Fingers crossed that he makes it through these last eight days of school.

While Will was off having adventures with Nana and Pop, Henry and I played lots of games, made granola bars from scratch, read books and completed this PuzzleBall!


My puzzle fiend.  We discovered pretty quickly that PuzzleBalls are sturdy enough to roll but that you should not play catch with them!


Meanwhile, Will had a great day with Nana and Pop.

He and Pop played chess,  


built a structure out of a mug, spoon, fork, and toothpick (as far as I can tell!),


and built towers with Will's Equilibrio blocks.  WOW!


Will came home with new pets: roly polies, snails, and a centipede from nature class!  Apparently we can keep them all summer long as long as we moisten the soil and make sure they have plenty of dead leaves to eat.  


Henry has his own roly poly too!


We ended the day by watering our herbs and finding three perfectly ripe cherry tomatoes!  Our first of the season.


We've had lots of indoor fun lately but tomorrow these little boys and I are heading out to get some fresh air and a change of scenery. We all desperately need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment