Thursday, May 31, 2012

Kindergarten...It's a Wrap!

Wasn't it just yesterday that I sent my big boy off to Kindergarten? This year has flown by!  I can hardly believe Kindergarten is over and Will will be starting first grade in the fall.

I snapped this picture of my boys on Will's last morning of Kindergarten.


Vanguard Kindergarten at WUES is serious business and I am amazed at how far Will has come.  At the beginning of the year, he was reading short early readers.  Now he devours chapter books.  At the beginning of the year, getting him to sign his name on thank you notes was like pulling teeth. Now Will can write 12 sentences without complaint.  At the beginning of the year, Will knew a grand total of two kids in his new school.  Now he is friends with every single child in his class and has friends sprinkled throughout other classes as well.

It hasn't always been easy, but Will has worked incredibly hard this year and has grown and learned so much.  I am so proud of my big boy, and I am also so incredibly thankful for his wonderful teacher, Mrs. Power. She encouraged her students, challenged them and loved them all at the same time.

Fortunately, Kindergarten was not all work.  There were fun and games too!  Yesterday, the kids had a huge end-of-year bash with bouncy houses, musical chairs, face painting, colored hair spray and more.  Notice Will's green and blue hair??


Our class was the first to get in line for Kona Ice sno cones.  It was hilarious to see them run to the truck!


Will's school has yearbooks.  Crazy, right?  He managed to get all his classmates to sign his book.


And all the Kindergartners came home with new t-shirts.


A final picture of Will and Mrs. Power


Will was alternating between smiling and looking sad on the way home.  He's happy about summer vacation but sad to leave Mrs. Power's classroom.  Although Kindergarten is over, new adventures are sure to be on the horizon.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Will!! You've come a long way in a very short time. I can't wait to see what you do in first grade. You have made mom and me very proud! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete