Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Week in Review

Last week was a busy week.
Last week, I cooked up a new recipe for Black Beans and Coconut-Lime Rice (Southern Living, May 2010). I was absolutely positive the boys would not eat it, even though it was delicious, because often they do not like my new recipes until they eat them a few times. They both gobbled it up and asked for seconds. Huh.
Last week, Will went on his very first-ever field trip with his Kindergarten class to see How I Became a Pirate at Main Street Theater. A friend of mine snapped this picture of him with two of his buddies and emailed it to me from the show. Will loved the bus ride, the play and the adventure of being out of school for a little while!
Last week, we had my parents over for dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday. Henry and I baked a cake and my dad decorated it.
Last week, in honor of Gramma's birthday, Will sang "Happy Birthday to me, I'm one hundred and three, and I want my Mommy" over and over again and cracked up more each time he sang it. Ah, Kindergarten humor!

Last week, Gene finally came home from another trip and we are hopeful that he will be able to stay put for awhile now. (He was in Paris and London for 30 out of 40 days in February and early March!) Weezie was excited to find a soft new place to nap in his open suitcase.

Last week, Henry's school put on a Children Around the World Fair. On Monday, Henry visited Germany and got this cool hat.

Last week, we decided to clean up around the house, hang our new drapes, and fix little broken bits, like this burnt-out bulb in the kitchen. We also discovered that you can't reach a light fixture on a 10-foot ceiling with only a stepladder.

Last week was a busy week at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment