Monday, August 22, 2011

Kindergarten

Today was Will's first day of Kindergarten! I had to wake him up a little after 6:30 and we left the house at 7:15 so we could be at school when the first bell rang at 7:35. Our school is only 5 minutes away but parking is insane because it is a big school and I definitely didn't want to be late on our first day.

My sleepyhead and I enjoyed a quiet breakfast together in the semi-dark. He requested baked oatmeal and yogurt. Henry woke up just as Will was getting ready to go. Hugs for the little brother. So excited to be starting Kindergarten!The long walk from the car... and showing off his new backpack. Will felt all settled in his new classroom. I got three hugs and three kisses and then he waved goodbye. No tears! Will's teacher sent all the parents home with a small bag loaded up with a cotton ball, tissue and tea bag, along with this note. And at 3pm, Henry and I found a parking spot along with hundreds of other moms, trekked to school in the 100* heat and found our big boy grinning away with his new classmates. I had felt so anxious all day, just hoping Will was doing okay and enjoying himself...and turns out, he was. Will had a great first day of Kindergarten and is already excited to do it all over again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment