Thursday, August 18, 2011

5

I have a 5-year-old today! In honor of Will's 5th birthday, I thought I'd write about 5 things I love about my firstborn son.1. Will is curious. He wants to know about everything and if he doesn't understand a concept or a word, he is not afraid to ask. We spend a lot of time explaining things to him, but I love his desire to learn and understand. He also loves experiments, coming up with hypotheses and figuring out how things work.

2. Will has an out-of-this-world imagination. He is always amazing me with the places his imagination takes him. From playing fort or rocket ship to inventing a time machine to explore the era of the dinosaurs, Will can think it up and then drag everyone along for an amazing journey!

3. Will can (and will) talk to anyone. He is not shy or hesitant in the least and makes friends with everyone. I love this about him because I know he will be fine when he starts Kindergarten in four days. He is not at all worried about making new friends or starting at a new school where he doesn't really know anyone.

4. Will has a sweet heart. He loves fully, has a sensitive soul and can see the good in almost everyone (even the Grinch!).

5. Will has an amazing mind. I love the way his mind works. You can almost see the gears turning as he puts thoughts and ideas together. I love hanging out with Will and getting his take on the world.

Happy 5th birthday, Will!

No comments:

Post a Comment