Thursday, September 9, 2010

SoccerTots

I enrolled both boys in SoccerTots and they began classes last week. SoccerTots isn't "real" soccer where the kids play on teams. Instead, it's a one-hour class where the kids learn lots of soccer skills, run around like crazy, and have loads of fun. I wanted to find a Friday morning activity for Henry when Will is in school, and we've outgrown Gymboree, so when I heard about SoccerTots and found out they had a Friday morning class, I knew it just had to be!
Here's Henry getting ready for his very first class. Gene was home last Friday, so Henry got to go to soccer with Daddy while I took Will to meet his teacher. Gene reported that Henry did really well in class, had fun, and followed all the instructions! Good job, little soccer player!
I had planned on having Will play real soccer this year, but after his reluctance to do swim lessons by himself in the summer, I thought maybe we should try SoccerTots first. Will did NOT want to go to class last week. This is his grumpy face.
The first class did not go well. Will refused to participate, cried a lot, wanted me to be with him, and then finally had fun at the very end.

I wasn't sure how Will would act in class yesterday, after our first session, but this time it only took Will 10 minutes to warm up to Coach Nicki, and then he absolutely loved class. I could not believe the transformation. He was laughing and running and having a ball (no pun intended!). He listened so well, followed all of the coach's instructions, and actually learned some new soccer moves. Now Will tells me he can't wait to go back to soccer and that he wants to do it all fall and in the spring and even when he's five! I'm so proud of both my little soccer tots!

No comments:

Post a Comment