Saturday, September 4, 2010

No More Cast!

I took Henry to the orthopedist on Thursday to get his cast removed! He did not want them to take it off because he was positive his wrist would hurt. The removal of the cast was quite traumatic for Henry; lots of sawing made for one very unhappy boy. You can see him wiping away the tears in this photo as he contemplates his cast-free arm.
Henry really wasn't sure about the whole thing.
Everyone kept asking me if I wanted to take the cast home. Um, nope! It was quite stinky, so I was happy to let them just throw it in the trash. I figure the picture is enough of a memory for us.
Henry got a lollipop after the docs took some x-rays.

After 3 1/2 weeks with a cast on, Henry is still favoring his left hand, but everything seems fine with his right hand and wrist, and we are all so thankful to have our little boy "whole" again!

No comments:

Post a Comment