Friday, November 22, 2013

Zoo Visit


The boys had an early release day on Wednesday, so we packed up a picnic lunch and headed to the zoo. It was a mild afternoon and we had so much fun! Our first stop is always the kookaburras! We sang to them but they didn't sing back.  



We spent quite a bit of time watching the flamingos. These two love birds were intertwined, and Will really wanted me to snap a picture of them making a heart shape with their heads and necks. I got pretty close!


Flamingo chicks! Will informed me that they are gray until they turn two years old. That child is a fount of knowledge.


We also saw four eggs on the flamingos' high mud nests.  



Happy boy!


We also found this bird (a night heron, I believe) perched near the lions. He is not a zoo animal, but he sure was beautiful!


Cheetahs!


Our favorite spot is the Children's Zoo. I gave the boys a few pennies to make a wish in the wishing well. Will's penny actually went down the frog's throat!


And they're off! 









The boys were itching to try out this wind tunnel. The winds got up to about 80 miles an hour.


Check out Henry's face!


We ended our visit with a couple of rides on the carousel.




And here's one last parting shot, because I couldn't resist!


I love early release days and getting to spend extra time with my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment