Friday, October 18, 2013

Lately

Now that I'm taking a photography class, I find such a variety of pictures on my camera.  Here are some shots from the last week or so:

I wandered into Helen's Park last week to work on my aperture assignment. These are two pictures I love showing a shallow depth of field.  



This was before Henry's violin lesson last week. 


I honestly have no idea why Will has a napkin on his head, but this is Will in a nutshell. Always reading. His favorite new series are Diary of a Wimpy Kid and According to Humphrey. And he's re-reading Harry Potter. I don't know how he keeps these characters straight as he often has 4 or more books going at the same time. Did I mention that he got a shout-out in the student newspaper and over the loudspeaker for having read the most books for the summer reading program? 113 chapter books. Amazing but not surprising.


Henry is doing so well in kindergarten this year. We had his parent-teacher conference last week and he got top marks from his teacher who said she wishes she had 15 just like him in her class. Last Friday, he turned in 50 banana bucks (his teacher's reward system) to be "Teacher for the Day." He was the first to earn that honor this year and his teacher said it was the earliest in the school year anyone had ever been teacher for the day.  



This sweet boy is reading way above level and is practicing writing by stretching out his sounds.


These little reminder notes were tucked under my door this morning. Henry wanted me to remember to pack Woly (Wall*E) in his backpack to take to school today. His class earned a Marble Jar party for good behavior and they were allowed to bring in a G-rated movie, thus the "G not PG" note!



Breakfast on Saturday -- soft boiled eggs.


I get to help out again this year with the boys' Hands On Art program at school.




They both painted turtles. Will's is a robo-turtle in outer space!


I snapped a picture of the newest hallway display outside Henry's room. He wants to be a dragon for Halloween again this year.   


And here's one last flashy picture from my phone. We saw "The Cat in the Hat" at Main Street Theater last weekend. The boys loved it and even let me snap their picture with the cat afterwards!


My next photography assignment is all about post-processing, which my teacher say is half of photography. I'm finally going to learn to use Lightroom. Hopefully you'll notice a difference in the quality of my photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment