Saturday, October 5, 2013

Lately: Cub Scouts, a Birthday, and Being Toothless

This was a big week at our house! Will got to wear his Cub Scout uniform to his first den meeting and lost another tooth, we celebrated Gene's birthday, and I took lots and lots of photos for my photography class. 

While Henry attended a birthday party on Sunday, Gene and Will spent some quality time at home, watching a movie, munching on popcorn and getting Will's Cub Scout uniform ready (Gene sewed the patches on!).


I cannot tell you how excited this boy is to be a Cub Scout this year. Scouting is such a good fit for Will's personality. The activities are family-oriented and are designed to build character, teach real-life skills, encourage service, and promote physical fitness. Will keeps his Wolf Scout book nearby, and is always reading it to see what he needs to accomplish to earn his badges and belt loops, without any prompting from us. 


Will came home from CCE last weekend with a mustache on his face. Apparently they had done some kind of skit in class. 


Will also lost his second tooth on Wednesday. It was so wobbly that he was terrified that he would eat it again, so Gene pulled it out right before school on Wednesday morning. I love his gap-toothed grin!


 My sweet husband celebrated a birthday this week!  




Gene wanted a steak dinner, so we celebrated his birthday at Saltgrass Steakhouse because it is a family-friendly option. Our server even put a candle in Henry's ice cream sundae for Gene to blow out!


Our family!


And of course, I took hundreds of pictures this week. Every time Henry hears the click of my camera focusing, he looks up at me with a big grin on his face. I love that he is such a willing subject!



I also took lots and lots of pictures of Weezie, since she is the only one here all day while the boys are at school. I think this captures Weezie perfectly. She is utterly unimpressed with me unless I have food for her.


I found a bee on a flower.


And in class we practiced panning and changing our shutter speed to capture motion. I am kind of fond of this picture.   


We have a busy weekend ahead and I foresee many opportunities to get my camera out for practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment