Thursday, May 9, 2013

My Henry

We are down to the last two weeks of pre-K for Henry!  This kid has grown so much lately and is just an amazing, sweet little boy.  

These are some comments Henry has made lately: 

On checking the Stilton to make sure it was still good to eat:  
How do you know when stinky cheese goes bad?  

On Mommy's never-ending housework:  
(Back story: We watched a short called Burn-E on the Wall-E DVD, where the repair robot Burn-E tries to fix a lamp only to have everything go wrong. He finally fixes it, turns on the lamp, only to have it crushed and they cycle starts all over again.)   
Mommy, you are just like Burn-E! Your work never ends!

On tearing down small, less expensive houses in West U to build mansions: 
But Mommy, that doesn't make sense. What about the people who don't have as much money? They could buy the small house and live in it!

On feeling grouchy: I feel grouchy when I don't get enough sleep.  

Henry's class made their last bulletin board of the year based on Eric Carle's The Very Grouchy Ladybug. Henry is a grouch when he doesn't get enough sleep!


Happy boy who clearly had lots of sleep the night before :)


Sometimes when Henry is supposed to be sleeping, he is busy writing googol (1 plus 100 zeroes) on his Magnadoodle. We heard him counting to 100 but didn't realize right away that he was counting out zeroes to make googol. I'm 100% positive I was not doing this when I was five years old!


And finally, we have been enjoying this lovely spring weather and Henry's half days (I am so going to miss this next year when he is in kindergarten!) by getting outside lots. I packed us a picnic lunch for the zoo on Monday, and just as I was picking up Henry from school, Gene called to see if he could join us for lunch. When I told him we were headed to the zoo, he met us there!


Meerkat sentry:


And the best thing ever: elephant babies swimming in the water


and rough-housing. They were shoving and kicking each other playfully, just like my boys do. I knew I lived in a zoo!


It was such a fun afternoon but we all missed having Will there. He would have loved it!


Right now, I am just trying to soak up this special time with my little guy before he gets all big and grown-up and has to go to all-day kindergarten.


 In the fall, I know I am going to miss this.

No comments:

Post a Comment