Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day with Gramma

We started celebrating Mother's Day with my mom a few days early by going to dinner at Batanga and then to a Mercury Orchestra concert (Beethoven's 4th and 5th symphonies) on Friday night at the Wortham.  It was fantastic!





I always forget to get a picture with my boys on Mother's Day, so I made sure that Gene snapped a bunch before church on Sunday. Look at my two cuties!! I am so lucky I get to be their mom!


After church, we headed up to Kingwood for a Mother's Day feast! Gramma and Grampa made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, corn and peas, and cranberry sauce. YUM!!


After lunch, we opened our Mother's Day gifts.  




The boys and I made the same gift for Gramma that we did for Nana, but with different wording of course! It says, "Grandma, we love you because... you play Rat-a-Tat Cat and other games with me (Henry) and you give really good hugs (Will)."


 Then I opened Will's gift. Check out his grin!


Will filled out this adorable questionnaire at school. I just love it and all his sweet answers.  




This is what my big boy had to say about me:  
What do you love to do the most with your mom? I like to go to the Children's Museum with my mom.
Complete this sentence: My mom is as pretty as a flower.
What's the smartest thing your mom has ever told you? She told me "I used to be a teacher so listen to me."
If you could give your mom anything in the world, what would it be? I would give my mom one hundred Reese's pieces.
What kind of stuff is your mom really good at? My mom's really good at exercising.
If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be? I would make my mom give me ice cream every day.
What's one thing you think your mom should do less of? My mom should do less of trips.
What's one things you think your mom should do more of? I think my mom should hug and kiss me more.
What does your mom do to relax? My mom naps to relax.
What do you think your mom was like before she had kids? My mom was happy because Weezy kept her company.
What's your mom's favorite food and favorite drink? My mom's favorite food and drink are chocolate and coffee.
What's the craziest thing you've ever seen your mom do? She banged around with pots and pans.
Complete this sentence: I know my mom loves me because she hugs and kisses me a lot!

Will also made me a sweet pot holder that apparently I can use for my 100 Reese's pieces and Gene's red bean soup. 



After the gift opening, we headed outside to enjoy another beautiful May day and practice our bike riding. Will has completely mastered this riding-without-training-wheels thing and is doing great!


Henry did great too but we're going to practice even more to build up his confidence.  


Will raced Gene and Henry. He has some serious speed!


Daddy was goofy, 



and Henry was happy. 


And before we knew it, it was time to pack up the car and head on home! We tried to get a picture with the boys but they were tired.


I am so glad I got to spend Mother's Day with my mom and my little boys.



It was the great ending to a fun-filled weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment