Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Mother's Day Luncheon

Mother's Day is a three-day affair around here! It all started Friday morning with a Mother's Day luncheon at Henry's school, which all the moms made it to despite the torrential rains and flooding streets right as we were driving there! This is the pretty invitation I received to the party.




We sat with friends, and the moms enjoyed chicken salad, croissants, and salad followed by cheesecake while the kiddos munched on hot dogs, cheese puffs, fruit and cookies. Henry was famished, as always, so he helped me eat my lunch!



After lunch, the teachers played a game called "That's Me!" Each child had drawn a portrait of his mom and wrote a little blurb all about her. Mrs. Merrell showed us the portrait and read the note and the moms had to guess if that was her.

Here is Henry's portrait of me. Apparently I am the only mom in the room with eyebrows!


And this is what he wrote:  My mommy is great because she makes good dinner. I like some kind of pasta that she makes. I like to go to museums with her. We play Sleeping Queens together. She always says, "If you just do it, it's done!" I'd like to give her a trip to California for Mother's Day because she grew up there. I love her all the way up to the moon and back. Pretty obviously mine, right?


The kids also passed out cards and lotions



and then sang a sweet song.  


Henry's teachers are wonderful and we are so happy to have them this year.



A picture of me with my boy!


The Mother's Day luncheon was a great way to kick off a fabulous Mother's Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment