Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day


Valentine's Day was so fun this year! I was surrounded by vases of beautiful roses from our own backyard. 


Gene got to start the day with a special father's breakfast at Henry's school. This is the invitation that Henry made for Daddy.


Henry also drew a picture of Daddy. Apparently Gene is a head with long legs! His description of Daddy is hilarious too: My daddy's name is Gene. He goes to work. He makes money. That's all I really know about his job. I like to play Portal 2 with him. I like him to take me to a restaurant. He tells me he loves me a lot and I love him a lot.


Henry came home with this picture of the two of them. Precious!



Will's class did a lunch swap for Valentine's Day. It was so much fun! Each child pulled a name from a hat and that person became his secret valentine. Will had to decorate a box for his valentine and pack a special lunch based on his secret valentine's wish list. The box was later stuffed full of valentine cards and treats from friends. I got to photograph the class as they did their swaps, and these kiddos were so excited to see who made their lunch and box. Will made a box for his friend Louis and Mia decorated Will's box.


Sweet first graders.  


Will also made a map of his heart, full of his favorite things, which are presents, soccer, knock-knock jokes, hamburgers, his house, sweets, hiking, and reading. That's my boy in a nutshell!


After school, we took a tin of heart-shaped sugar cookies to our elderly friend, Mrs. V, in the neighborhood.  She is a sweet lady who we met before Christmas through a service project at Will's school. The boys and I enjoy spending time with her so we're aiming for monthly visits. Henry gave her lots and lots of sweet hugs and she said we made her day. Next time, I'll snap a picture!

Gene taught his class Thursday night, so the boys and I were on our own for dinner. I decided to make breakfast for dinner, and tried my hand at some free-form heart pancakes.


They're not perfect, but they sure were a hit with the little boys!


Henry and I like ours topped with peanut butter, bananas and chia seeds.


Best breakfast for dinner ever!


I may not have spent much time with my own valentine, but the day was still full of love and lots and lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment