Sunday, February 3, 2013

Snapshots from the Week

Last week was a busy week! All these pictures are courtesy of my phone.

Sunday night dinner was boiled codfish with potatoes, green beans and fresh-baked broa (a Portuguese cornbread). I love it when Gene makes dinner, especially when it is so delicious!


Monday was a beautiful day, so Henry and I headed to the zoo after school. I packed a picnic lunch and we  wandered around for two hours before we had to pick up Will. 


Our first stop was the vultures.  Love the sign!


Henry rode the carousel,


played in the African Forest,


and posed on the giraffe. 


I love these afternoons with my little boy!

Wednesday was an early-release day for Will. We met Gene and Henry at Little Matt's for lunch and then the boys and I went to the Children's Museum. It is really the best time to go because it is never busy.


We explored gravity,


went fishing,


and gathered eggs.  


On Thursday night, Gene and I had the opportunity to go see "Camelot" at the Hobby Center as guests of a law firm Gene works with. It was a fun night out!


On Friday, we found ourselves in the Heights to order a pinata for Henry's birthday party. Henry found a dandelion in the ditch and stopped to blow it.




And take a look at my Garmin: I ran five miles yesterday! I'm a newbie runner, so this was a pretty big accomplishment for me.


 As always, we are looking forward to another fun and busy week at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment