Friday, July 15, 2011

Watermelon

We got an 11.4 pound watermelon in our CSA box last week.

I know how much it weighed because the boys and I weighed it. On the human scale. The little kitchen scaled freaked out when it saw me coming with the infant-sized melon and flashed "ERROR!" repeatedly. Apparently, kitchen scales are only for lightweight kitchen items and not big ole watermelons.

I carried that watermelon upstairs and back down. In hindsight, since I don't like heights and my hands were very full of watermelon, it might have been a smarter idea to bring the scale downstairs, rather than the watermelon up. Fortunately we all survived the journey intact. Can you imagine what an 11.4 pound watermelon would look like if it fell? I can.

Once sliced, the boys dug into that watermelon like it was Halloween candy. Seriously yummy. The circle of watermelon.
Is anyone ready for a snack? I've got about nine more pounds of watermelon in the fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment