Monday, July 18, 2011

I Live in a Zoo

But you knew that already, right?

Today, I really lived in a zoo.

Henry put his zookeeper costume on right after breakfast, and within minutes, I heard the dreaded whine, "I don't know what to do, Mommy." Hmmm. Maybe you should take a cue from the costume and play zookeeper?

The boys don't always like my suggestions, but today, they hopped right on it. First, they had to write the signs for all the animals' enclosures. Will took his job very seriously, and made sure he spelled everything correctly. You wouldn't want to mistake a "snake" for a "snack," after all.Henry wrote some signs too, all by himself. Obviously, I didn't help him write "bear" here, as it is written backwards and his B is really just two circles. But, still, I'd say it's not a bad effort for a 3-year-old. We had four animals in our zoo. A blue horse, of course. A purple snake. A brown bear. You probably can't see it in the photo, but Will chose to use his sign, and not Henry's "rAE8." Go figure. And a curious monkey. It was feeding time, so Will gave his monkey a pear. The snake got two "live" mice. Will wanted to cook them first (he is so civilized), but I told him it was unnecessary. Blue Horse was feeling, well, a bit blue, so Zookeeper Will brought out the medicine. All you have to do is match the picture on the medicine bottle to the animal's facial expression. So clever. The zookeepers even cleaned up the animals' messy cages. And Zookeeper Henry kept an eye on the whole thing (or at least on me) with his handy-dandy binoculars.
See? It really is a zoo around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment