Saturday, April 2, 2011

Celebrating

We closed on our old house yesterday afternoon! It was definitely bittersweet. We loved our old home. It was beautiful and we chose everything in it, and it was our first home for our little family, so it was hard to say goodbye. But it makes it a lot easier to know that the new owners love our old house. I don't think we could have sold our house to a nicer couple. They are a young couple who wanted to move to the burbs to start their family. They remind me of us seven years ago when we did the exact same thing. This is part of the email that the new owner sent me after the closing yesterday: "We are at our new home now and love it even more than before. We appreciate all the work you put into making this house a home and we look forward to all the new memories we will create here. It is a special place and we will take great care of it." We are so happy that a new family will fill our old house with love and laughter and much joy! To celebrate only having one mortgage and the end of a very long day (the closing was in Champions, which is about an hour from both the old and new houses, so no where close to anything!), Gene and I took advantage of having free babysitters (thank you so much, Mom and Dad!) and enjoyed an evening out. We started with prosecco at the Queen Vic. And then we had dinner at Haven. Gene has been wanting to take me there for ages and I finally got to go! Haven is my kind of restaurant. It features local, sustainable, organic foods. We started with shrimp corndogs with a Tabasco mash sauce (YUM!) and I enjoyed soft shell crab. And yes, I took pictures! At home we enjoyed more champagne and conversation with my parents and toasted once more to being the proud owners of only one house! Bittersweet? Yes, but in the end, more sweet than bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment