Thursday, July 29, 2010

Birthday Girl

My birthday was on Tuesday and the boys were so excited to celebrate with me. Henry especially looked forward to my "birthday party" at Gramma and Hanka's house, and Will wanted to know if all my friends were coming over. It was a very small "party" that even Gene missed due to a trip out East, but it was a special day nevertheless!
My parents made me one of my favorite meals from my youth: broiled avocado cups! They are so tasty but I never make them because Gene's not a huge fan of avocados. My little boys liked them, though, so they might just make their way into the dinner rotation at our house!
And what's a birthday without birthday cake? That was definitely the boys' favorite part, since they like sweets just like their mama!
My parents also got me a great gift, which Will opened practically by himself.
They gave me a set of Danish Christmas plates. They have too many for their new house and weeded out by giving me my favorite series.
This set of plates shows a family going to chop down a tree from the woods, then bringing it home, decorating it, and waiting for Christmas morning to arrive. These have always been some of my favorite Christmas plates, so I'm so happy to have them for my own kitchen. Thanks, Gramma and Hanka, for making my birthday so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment