Sunday, August 9, 2015

A Birthday Boomerang

My birthday was a couple weeks ago and it was a very low-key affair as we were getting ready to head out on summer vacation number two. After Gene wrapped up my birthday gifts the night before my big day, the boys planned a surprise scavenger hunt for me -- and to keep it a surprise, they came up with a code word for it: boomerang. The boys worked on the birthday boomerang for a long time, coming up with five clues that eventually led me to my birthday presents.


Henry and Will decorated an envelope that held the first clue.


I love the idea of a birthday boomerang and think this may become a new birthday tradition at our house!

We celebrated again at the end of the day with our traditional birthday cupcakes from Crave and another birthday gift (chocolate -- Gene knows me so well!).



And then a dragonfly surprised us by hanging out in the front yard for about 20 minutes, giving me plenty of time to grab my camera and snap a bunch of pictures.

T
The birthday dragonfly. 



A new birthday tradition and time with my three favorite guys? Birthday perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment