Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Birthday Girl

My birthday was on Sunday and we had a quiet celebration at home, which is exactly what I wanted.

The morning started out with scones. Gene makes amazing orange-chocolate chip scones for me on special occasions. They are rich and buttery and never last long around here. Perfect birthday breakfast!


Our big outing for the day was to visit the Sunday farmers market, which is one of my favorite spots in Houston. The boys munched on popsicles and Gene and I enjoyed iced lattes while listening to live music. We came home with an assortment of creams and soaps, olive oil and some fresh figs. We love Houston's Sunday market! 


The afternoon consisted of a long nap for me, baking for Gene and a walk down the street to pick up birthday cupcakes. We were thrilled that Heather and Joel could join us for a special birthday dinner!


Gene barbequed ribs again, and we had corn on the cob, bean salad, grilled squash and pretzel rolls.


Cupcakes from Crave! It's our birthday tradition. This is an ice cream sundae cupcake and it was delicious!


Birthday girl


My birthday was exactly what I wanted. Surrounded by good food and some of my favorite people, it was perfect from start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment