Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Birthday Brew Bash

I have a big birthday coming up in a few days, so to celebrate, Gene threw me a party on Saturday night! I'm a fan of craft beer, so we decided to hold the party at Mongoose Versus Cobra in Midtown. It was the perfect location for me -- excellent craft beer in a historic building. (The building is from 1915 and Mongoose Versus Cobra won a Good Brick Award in 2013 for their restoration and adaptive reuse of the building.)

This is the invitation that Gene had my friend Ally design.


Just waiting for our friends to arrive!


Two of my best friends, Katy and Heather.


The rest of the party crew. 


A lot of our friends were traveling, but we had a really fun mix of people -- old friends and new, work friends and school buddies.  


Gene and Jonathan have been friends since law school!


Jonathan and Julie live in Austin but they just happened to be in town last weekend and it is always so much fun to catch up with them!


My girls again.


Jaime, Gene and Jonathan.


I can't remember the last time I had a birthday party but this was so much fun that I think we need to do it more often! I have some pretty awesome friends (and a pretty spectacular husband!) and am so happy so many were able to help me celebrate. 


At the end of the evening, we passed out party favors.  




We had coasters (designed by Ally)


and birthday cake cookies from Paulie's.  


What a fantastic way to kick off the next decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment