Monday, November 1, 2010

My Pumpkins

My little pumpkins carved their first pumpkins yesterday! We bought our pumpkins weeks ago but have been so busy that we didn't carve them until Halloween morning. Will was feeling a little under the weather, so pumpkin carving turned out to be a good stay-at-home project.
The boys loved helping Daddy scoop out the gooey goo. Of course we had to be scientists and make lots of observations as we went along.
They touched, smelled and even tasted everything!
Happy boy! We separated the seeds carefully to make roasted pumpkin seeds later.The boys were very specific about the kinds of jack-o'-lanterns they wanted.
Will wanted a scary face with no teeth. I asked him to make the same face as his jack-o'-lantern and this is what I got!
Henry's pumpkin is scary too, but Henry is not!

At the end of the day, I had
two happy boys
with their scary jack-o'-lanterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment