Friday, February 24, 2017

Lately: Cub Scouts, Birthdays, Valentine's and More

It's February 24, it feels like late spring weather-wise, and yet I'm still writing January as the date! February has flown by and we've had so many fun activities that have kept us all busy-busy-busy!

Here's a peek at some of what we've been up to lately:

Cub Scouts ---> Boy Scouts


Will earned his Arrow of Light badge (the top honor in Cub Scouts) and the Webelos dens held a lovely ceremony at the West U Scout House on February 9. Gene and I ended up being in charge of facilities, food, and decorations; there was lots to manage but it was a really lovely ceremony and we are so proud of Will and all his hard work as a Cub Scout.




Last week, Will officially "crossed over" into Boy Scouts at our February pack meeting. 



The ceremony is pretty simple but involves a bridge that the Scouts literally cross over as they transition to Boy Scouts. 


Will's a Boy Scout!
 

At school, I helped teach Hands On Art and the boys learned about Georgia O'Keeffe. They made some beautiful works using water-soluble oil pastels.


Weekend projects:  Will collected 14 different leaves for a science project and Henry made a model of Neptune (complete with all 14 moons) for his science class. 


Another project: Henry and I made a Minion box for a classmate for the Valentine's Day card exchange. This is the almost-completed box; we used a red peanut butter lid behind the eye to finish it off. 


Will made this heart at school.  I love it so much!


Valentine's Day dinner -- heart-shaped quesadillas! 



I had some projects of my own! Teacher appreciation week was last week, and I was in charge of two door signs -- one for Henry's teacher and one for our school librarian.  


I did the s'mores one mostly on my own but fortunately had some help with the library door!


We've also spent time with family celebrating birthdays and half birthdays! We celebrated Will's half birthday with Gramma and Grampa.




We've been sick around here, but the boys and Gene were well enough last weekend to celebrate Nana's birthday with her. 


Celebrating Friday with sno-cones at school


I'll leave you with one last photo of my boys reading away at Brazos Bookstore this week.  


With all we've been up to lately, it's no wonder I can't remember what month it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment