Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A Weekend Adventure: San Antonio (Part 3)

On Sunday morning, Will and I woke up early and hung out together in the living room of our suite, waiting for the late-sleepers to wake up. Finally we decided to let them keep snoozing and head to breakfast ourselves. Spending some one-on-one time with my big boy was a lovely way to start the day!  

After the whole crew was up and ready for the day, we headed to Trinity University, where I spent my undergraduate career. The campus is so pretty and we wanted the boys to see where I spent four years of my life.



The campus has changed so much in the past 20 years.


Coates Library -- I spent so many hours here studying!


The campus was very quiet on a Sunday morning.


It was so good to get back to Trinity for a visit!


After our college tour, we headed north to Natural Bridge Caverns. Gene visited as a kid but I had never been! And the boys have never been in a cave before. 


We took the Discovery Tour, which was an easy hour-long walk through the caverns. We all enjoyed it so much!





After the tour, the boys wanted to do some panning for treasures, so we bought them loaded bags of sand and they got to work. Will's bag was full of arrowheads and Henry's was stocked with gemstones and rocks.





The boys also ran through the maze on the property, which was harder than it looked! They finished in 17 minutes, and then it was time for lunch and the drive back to Houston. 


I have the best time exploring with these three! We're already thinking about where our next adventure will take us.

No comments:

Post a Comment