Thursday, January 24, 2013

An Afternoon with Henry


Can you guess where Henry and I went yesterday after school?  


Hint:  it's one of his favorite places!  



We went to the art museum, of course! You just never get to see the original entrance because it's now the back of the Law Building and is locked up tight. It's beautiful, though, isn't it?  


Henry really loves the art museum. From pointillism and Picasso to Calder and cubism, he really digs art! We hadn't been behind the Law Building before, so we checked out the sculptures back there. This is Song of Strength by Eduardo Chillida.  



This is Magari by Mark Di Suvero. The welded steel makes me think of my grandpa, who was a welder.


And it wouldn't be a visit to the art museum without some lunch at Cafe Express. 


I love these afternoons with Henry. He is so sweet and earnest and inquisitive and sincere. I need to savor every one of these days because I know I am going to miss this next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment