Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Birthdays

Gene's birthday isn't until October 1, but this year (like almost every other year since I've known him), he will be travelling on his birthday. So, we celebrated his birthday with Nana and Pop on Saturday afternoon. And even though we were all together in Castine on my birthday, it was such a chaotic day with a sick child and other house guests that Nana decided a "redo" of my birthday celebration was in order. Saturday ended up being a joint birthday celebration -- one a little bit early and one a little bit late.

Nana was taking test pictures to see if she needed a flash. Henry isn't angry here; he's just showing Nana his running face!Who wouldn't smile for cupcakes? We blew out all the candles! On my real birthday, in Castine, we couldn't find candles so I blew out pretend ones. Gene opened the card. I get to go shopping for new clothes! And Gene got a new dress shirt. Thanks, Nana and Pop, for the fun afternoon, delicious dinner, wonderful gifts and great company!

No comments:

Post a Comment