Friday, September 2, 2011

Arrr...You Ready for Kindergarten?

Will's classroom is tucked away in its own little corner of a very large school, and that means his teacher has quite a bit of wall space in the hallway that she can decorate. We are loving this banner that is outside the classroom right now.
Perfect for my pirate-loving boy! This is Will's pirate. He made sure that I noticed the eye patch. And while lots of the little girl pirates are smiling, Will made his pirate look mean!
Can you read Will's scroll? It says, "This year I want to read chapter books. I like recess." I love that his goal involves reading. He loves chapter books (we are currently reading Ramona the Pest which is perfect because Ramona has just started Kindergarten, just like Will) and he cannot wait to read them on his own.


So yes, we "arrr" definitely ready for Kindergarten. Week 2 was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment