Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chocolate

I'm sure if you read this blog, you know that I love chocolate. I love it so much that it is dangerous for me to have it hanging around my house. In fact, I usually make Gene keep my chocolate at his office to bring home in bits and pieces. The other night, Gene came home with a huge box of chocolate that he got as a Christmas gift last year (last year as in 2009!). I was surprised that he brought it home because we still have a lot of Christmas chocolates here, but he said the 2010 box arrived and he thought we should start on the 2009 box first! I expected the box to be full of individual chocolates, but I opened it and found a hammer. Underneath the hammer was this HUGE chocolate bar. It weighs two pounds, eight ounces. That is some serious chocolate!
The boys were pretty excited to have a go at the chocolate. Both took turns with the hammer but literally only made little dents in the bar. The hammer was a really cute idea, but this chocolate called for a big knife. The boys and I sampled little pieces, and it's really good, even if it is a year old! Hopefully we'll be enjoying this huge bar of chocolate for some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment