Monday, June 21, 2010

I want to be a Daddy too!

Gene is such a good daddy to our boys. He plays rough and tumble with them, loves to take them places individually (gym class, nature class), and gives me breaks whenever I need them. Weekend breakfasts are Daddy's domain, and they are awesome. We are so lucky to have such a great daddy, but perhaps the best compliment Gene could receive came from Will yesterday. I was asking Will if he wanted to be a paleontologist when he grew up, and he said, "No, I want to be a cook. But first I'm going to be a daddy." Okay, we'll work on the job-parenthood order, but still, I love that he wants to be like his daddy! And I know with such a great daddy of his own, Will will one day be a fantastic father too!
Gene really is a great husband and father. He worked all day on Father's Day to make it a special day for his boys and all the grandparents. Everyone else got a nap, but not Gene! He was too busy fixing computer problems, mixing up his special mini-burgers, and setting up the outdoor toys. In the end, Father's Day was exactly how I imagine a Father's Day to be. All the grandparents came over and we grilled out. Really, what could be better for Father's Day? (Okay, Gene might want to see some relaxation in there, but hey, it was fun!)

Father's Day started off with presents for Gene. Gene loves Tabasco, so the boys helped me pick out goodies from the most recent Tabasco catalog. Our order almost didn't arrive in time, even though I placed it in May, because Tabasco lost of the order. Fortunately, it arrived with two days to spare and the boys had fun showing Gene his goodies. Really, they can put Tabasco on everything, even peanuts!

After our normal, busy Sunday morning routine, we put the tired little boys down for naps and started to cook and prep for dinner. The grandparents all arrived in the late afternoon, so the boys spent loads and loads of time with them. And, of course, I grabbed my camera to try to get some good shots!


Henry and Grampa (aka Hanka)
Three generations!

Henry and Pop


Such goofballs!
Henry with the other three grandparents

We had the best time celebrating Father's Day with three of the best dads I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment