Sunday, January 24, 2010

What's in a name?

Deciding to create a blog: that's the easy part. Coming up with a name for your blog: now, that's the hard part. I have a whole list of rejected titles, and each one says something different about me (and my family). Everyone in the house helped come up with ideas. Here are the ones that didn't make it:
  • Boy to Man (Gene's suggestion, which fits since we are raising boys to become men, but perhaps just a bit too boy band?)
  • Jigsaw Jungle (I liked the alliteration, plus I really do feel like I live in a jungle sometimes)
  • Snips and Snails (makes total sense in a house full of boys, but it's pretty common and overused)
  • Juicebox Jitters (still love this one, but eventually we may outgrow the juiceboxes)
  • Adventures of Ellyboo and Waddle (these are two of the boys' stuffed animals)
  • Eat (I asked Henry and this is what he said. Hmmm, no surprise for anyone who knows the kid!)
  • Weezie's Wonderland (more alliteration, but doesn't really fit)
  • Muddy Knees (lots of those in this house!)
  • Shanty Away (Will's suggestion, but I have no idea what it means!)
  • Controlled Chaos (I like this too; Gene said "But with K's," so Kontrolled Khaos??)
  • Whoosh Went the Wind (from one of Will's favorite books)
  • Loads to Go Before I Sleep (how fitting, as there is always laundry to do here...)
  • Dump Truck Dormitory (seriously, with the number of dump trucks and other vehicles in this house, I sometimes really think I do live in a dump truck dormitory. BOYS!)
  • The S___ Circus (I like the alliteration with our last name and circus, because it really is a circus here, but I just didn't want our last name plastered all over the internet with such personal stuff about our family, so this one went into the reject pile.)

So, the winner is Cracker Crumb Chaos. Gene said, "But with K's!" I think you get the picture; he said that about every title! Um, no. No K's. But Cracker Crumb Chaos fits. There are cracker crumbs everywhere. I cannot escape them! In the kitchen, in the breakfast nook, in my old car (oh, that poor car). And chaos, well, that just goes without saying in a house with two young boys. So, I got my alliteration, and a fitting title, and Gene got to say "But with K's" one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment