Friday, January 29, 2010

Simple Gifts

Lately, Will has come home from school every day with a special gift for me. Usually it's a leaf, but sometimes, if we're lucky, I get a rock. On Tuesday, I got two leaves. He gathers them on his way to and from the playground, and his teachers are very sweet to make sure that every leaf, rock or other natural object makes it carefully into his book bag and home to me.

And when I pick him up, the first thing he tells me about is what special treasure he collected that day. He is so excited about his rocks and leaves and I love that he is bringing them home to me.
In fact, I believe he has started a trend. He tells me that his little friend A also loves to gather leaves. Lucky A's mom, to have her very own collection of leaves and rocks!

These are Will's "don't-take-any-more-photos" faces.

Isn't being a mom just the best? I just can't wait to see what this little guy comes up with next!

No comments:

Post a Comment