Friday, June 22, 2018

Summer Break: Week One

School's our for summer -- for all of us except me! I started grad school (again) back on June 4 and am working to get my certification to be a school librarian and may also pursue my Masters in Library and Information Science. It's made for a busy summer so far, but I am so enjoying my class!


On our first weekend of summer (just before I started grad school), we went down to Galveston. It was a quick day trip. The boys played at the beach, we ate lunch to a new-to-us restaurant and explored a museum we'd been excited to visit. 

Stewart Beach



Mosquito Cafe


The Bryan Museum 


Our first week of summer break was pretty quiet. We played lots and lots of board games.



We visited the science museum. The energy hall has some new exhibits, including one where you create fireworks displays by adding different amount of chemicals to the mix. We made fireworks over Singapore in honor of Gene who was there for work that week!


We also visited the butterfly center


for the Friday Feeding Frenzy! We've been other years, but this time we got to see the preying mantis devour a cricket.


We also visited the pool 


and spent lots of time playing with Ruby.



Our summer fun has just begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment