Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Weekend

After five solid days of a high fever, Henry's fever finally broke last Friday, so we were looking at a weekend with everyone being healthy! So what did I do? I left town! My good friend Heather's bachelorette weekend was on the calendar, so once Gene convinced me that he could handle everything at home and actually had a fun boys' weekend planned, I got the heck out of Houston and headed west to New Braunfels.

Before I left, this sweet boy brought me flowers from the backyard. Henry wasn't sure he could fall asleep without hugs and kisses from Mommy, but we discovered that he actually can!


And this is where I spent my weekend, on the banks of the Comal River. It could not have been a more beautiful or peaceful weekend and it was exactly what I needed after a month of sick kiddos.


Plus I got to hang out with a couple of my favorite gals!



We had dinner Friday night at the Faust Brewing Company. Everyone signed this pint glass for Heather.



Saturday consisted of an early morning walk (I saw lots of deer, cardinals, and even bats!) followed by lounging by the river or on the porch and then a long afternoon nap. Perfection! Saturday night was the big bachelorette bash. Here's the bride-to-be all decked out for her fun night out.


We went to Gruene for dinner at the Gristmill, but had a long wait for our table, so we killed time by heading to the general store. 


Dinner started with this Texas sized platter of onion rings -- just the right size for 12 girls!


We all got challenge cards for the evening. Mine was not too challenging for me!


Back home, Daddy was busy cooking up a mess of sliders for the boys.




The boys were busy with soccer, a birthday party, and running errands. When the huge storms came through Saturday night, they stayed in, watching movies, eating popcorn and ordering Pink's Pizza. They all loved their special boys' weekend.


In fact, I think I need to plan girls' getaways more often!

1 comment:

  1. I hope I can be a part of your next girls' getaway - or at least one of them in the near-ish future! :) Great pics of the bachelorette weekend, and of the boys back at home. Thanks for sharing this post, Aaryn.

    ReplyDelete